- When you open your Chromebook a screen similar to the one of the left will appear.
- Please notice that the Wi-Fi symbol in the lower right-hand corner is empty.
- Please use the mouse or our finger to touch this symbol so that you can activate the Wi-Fi button and choose the best available connection.
Find Right Network
Find Right Network
- When you touch the Wi-Fi button, all the possible Wi-Fi Connections in your area will pop-up.
- At this point, you need to identify your household Wi-Fi name and select it.
- When you select your Wi-Fi network, you will be asked to enter your password.
- After you type in your password, please select the button Connect.
- When you connect, the empty Wi-Fi button will turn white color and fill the empty Wi-Fi. If you have a strong signal, you will see a lot of white, if it is weak, only a small amount of white will appear.
- Now that you are connected to your network, you need to connect with your Google Account.
- You will need to click the button, located on the bottom of your screen that reads Add Person.
•After selecting Add Person, the screen to your right will appear and will ask you enter your Google Information.
•For our students they have been given a username followed by an _ (underscore) s @ nlesd.ca
- For example, if my name was Mark Brown, my username would be email@example.com
- However, some students have been given a number after their last name simply because other students have a similar username (mbrown1_s, mbrown74_s, etc)
- Last step is to enter your password.
- After you are connected with your Google Account, if you touch the time button in the lower right hand corner, you will see that you are signed on.
- If you choose too, you can log off (sign out) after you finish your work. If you don’t sign out, remember your account is open to everyone.
- I personally sign out each time I am finished.
- When I return to do my work, I need to sign in again, but my username will appear on the screen and all I have to do is enter my password.
- If multiple people use the same device, you have to sign out each time. If not, you not access each other’s individual Google Account.